What people are saying:
"Our water and sewer system are great."
"We are centrally located and the water supply gives us an advantage."
Full support for local business.
Power & Natural Gas
- Electricity is available from Duke Progress Energy (Chuck Robbins, 919.774.2624)
- Central Electric Membership Corp. (Morris McClelion, 919.774.4900).
- Natural Gas is provided by PSNC Energy (Jerry O'Keeffe, 919.598.7444, or Linda Harris, 919.836.2338).
Water & Wastewater Treatment
The City of Sanford draws water from the Cape Fear River and operates both the water and wastewater treatment systems for all of Lee County. Sanford sets the rates and capacities for the city and unincorporated areas of Lee County. The Town of Broadway sets the capacity and rates for town business and residents.
- In addition to offering fiber optic cable at several industrial sites, Windstream (919.774.8311) provides Lee County business with the full range of communication and information services: ADSL high-speed Internet, ISDN and T1 service, communication systems, LAN and WAN connectivity, and long distance. The company also is a nationwide frame relay provider, allowing local business to share inventory and other business information in real time across offices and locations.
- Internet service is available from many companies, including Sanford-based Wave-Net (919.776.6997) & Charter Business. (Alan Kennedy, 910.580.0528)