Expand. Expedite. Accelerate.
Multimodal routes and multiple options converge creating a strategic advantage in Sanford-Lee. A central location positions your operation at the base of the North Carolina’s Research Triangle, just two hours from Charlotte, one hour from Greensboro, and only 30 miles from Fort Bragg.
Quickly connect to immediate markets and populations as you expand your reach through a range of domestic and global routes. Expedite shipping as you accelerate delivery—and profitability—through:
Highway: Fast flow, maximum access.
Speed-boosting infrastructure improvements combine with multi-directional 4-lane highway access for maximum market penetration. The north-south U.S. Highway 1 extends your reach from Key West to the Maine/Canada border, while the new U.S. Highway 421 Bypass streamlines fast-flowing delivery east to the Atlantic and west all the way to the Great Lakes. State Highway 87 opens quick access to Greensboro and Fayetteville, with multiple Interstate routes—I-40, I-85 and I-95—nearby.
Air: Executive ease right here, non-stop choices nearby.
Enjoy stress-free corporate travel right here in Sanford-Lee, or choose from 8 major carriers providing non-stop service to 40 destinations from the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
- Raleigh Exec Jetport @ Sanford-Lee—Knowledge moves fast in the Research Triangle, and so do people with this well-appointed executive gateway, offering a 6,500 x 100-ft. runway with pavement strength to accommodate up to 100,000 pounds. Catering and other amenities are also available.
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport---The airport covers 4,929 acres and has three runways and direct flights to 38 domestic and international cities on 352 daily flights. More than 9 million passengers travel through the airport annually.
- Fayetteville Regional Airport--Currently, Fayetteville Regional Airport is served by Delta Air Lines and Delta Connection carrier ExpressJet, US Airways Express carriers Piedmont Airlines and PSA Airlines, and United Express carrier CommutAir. US Airways Express offers direct flights to Charlotte/Douglas International Airport. Delta and Delta Connection offer direct service to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. United Express offers direct service to Washington Dulles International Airport.
Rail: Class I quality. County-wide access.
Sanford-Lee’s rail options extend throughout the county, including shortline service by Atlantic and Western. Choose from two of the nation’s leading carriers:
- CSX—With blanket Class I service all across the Eastern U.S., CSX extends your operation’s reach from the southern tip of Florida to the edge of Canada.
- Norfolk Southern Railway—This workhorse Class I carrier extends routes across the Eastern U.S. into the Midwest and south to Texas markets.
- G&W Atlantic & Western Railway (ATW)- ATW is an 11 mile railroad that interchanges with CSX Transportation and Norlfolk Southern Railway. [More Info] | [Download Summary]
Port: Post-Panamax options.
Three deep-water ports within a 4-hour drive (two of them equipped for post-Panamax service) open new routes and new flexibility in reaching global markets.
- Port of Morehead City—One of the deepest water ports on the Eastern Seaboard is just 3 hours away by highway or Norfolk Southern Class I rail. A national leader in import and export, Port of Morehead City offers rapid bulk and break-bulk service in a location only 4 miles from the Atlantic.
- Port of Wilmington—Just over 2 hours away by highway or CSX Class I rail, this post-Panamax port offers container, bulk and break-bulk services as one of the only ports in the South Atlantic to provide berths and storage areas for both containers and cargo.
- Norfolk International Terminals, Port of Virginia—Big in size, big in service and less than 3.5 hours from Sanford-Lee, Norfolk Terminals comprise Port of Virginia’s largest facility, offering container, break-bulk and ro-ro (roll on/roll off) services. With 50’ dredging and 14 Super post-Panamax quay cranes, Norfolk is a premier post-Panamax shipping option.