Location and Maps
What people are saying:
"We are in an awesome location and can get to the coast or
the mountains in a few hours."
"Location, location, location. Did I mention our location?"
- Lee County is made up of the City of Sanford and Town of Broadway.
- Located less than 40 minutes from the Research Triangle, prestigious Duke University, University of North Carolina and NC State University.
- Located 2.5 hours from the beach at Wilmington.
- Located 2.5 hours from the mountains of Boone.
- Access to major highways - US-1 Expressway, I-40 and I-95.
- Active railroads.
- Home to the Raleigh Exec Jetport.
- 40 minutes from the Raleigh Durham International Airport, and 1.5 hours from the Piedmont Triad International Airport.
Lee County details on demand.
Geographic Information Systems mapping of Lee County is available on demand, 24 hours a day, from your computer desktop. Several prepared maps are available from the county website, and interactive mapping allows you to develop a custom map showing the features you want.
For information about GIS services, please contact Lee County Strategic Services at 919.718.4663.
ConnectGIS produces custom maps showing any combination of parcels, zoning, annexation history, census blocks, street centerlines, school districts, economic development zones, voter precincts, city council wards, county commissioner districts, hydrology, water lines, sewer lines, fire districts, watersheds, physical structures, railroads, city limits, extra territorial jurisdictions, and more.